Personally, I think Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s are the adult version of what Santa’s Workshop at the North Pole would be to kids. Kids dream of elves, reindeer, toys and candy. Outdoor loving adults dream of Johnny Morris, compound bows, camouflage and trolling motors. That’s why we’re headed to these outdoor giants to help us finish shopping. Check out this quick list of affordable, last minute gifts from Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops that almost anyone will be pumped to unwrap.
- The RedHead Sherpa-Lined Plaid Shirt for Men is a comfortable and warm lined buffalo plaid work shirt. It has all the look of a tradition flannel, but all the feel of a warm winter jacket. Flannels are versatile and great for casual wear as well as work. The Sherpa fleece lining adds a lot of warmth when you are working or recreating outdoors. It comes in four different colors and in sizes up to 2XL. If you’re shopping on a budget, this shirt is perfect as it will only set you back $20.
- Everyone can use a bag to store all their “stuff”. The Cabela’s Catch-All Gear Bag isn’t just for the “hunter” on your Christmas list. While it is available in Cabela’s O2 Octane camouflage pattern, you can also pick it up in gold, pink, green, tan, black, gray and other color schemes to cater to the person you are gifting it to. This bag is 16”x10”x8” – plenty big to handle all of your gear, but not so huge you it needs its own seat. Make it your hunting bag, gym bag, diaper bag, travel bag, etc. Its exterior material is tough and weather resistant so you can throw it on the floor of your vehicle or in the bed of your truck and it will be fine. It’s hard to argue with a price tag of $12.99.
- Waterproof footwear is essential when you live and/or recreate in areas with frequent snow, rain and other moisture. During the colder months, having an insulated rubber boot extends the amount of time your southern phalanges can withstand the cold temperatures. The Cabela's Zoned Comfort Trac Insulated Rubber Hunting Boots for Men is a 17” rubber boot with different weights of insulation – 800 grams in the toe, 400 grams in the saddles and 200 grams in the heels. Check out all the great benefits this boot offers, there are a lot of them. The best part is the great deal Cabela’s and Bass Pro have on them right now through Christmas Eve - $40 off! That means these boots ring in at $69.
- Coffee cups are easy gifts that are great for just about anyone on your shopping list. Giving the gift of an insulated beverage receptacle that will keep your hot drinks hot and your cold drinks cold, one that is easy to take in the vehicle and fits in cup holders, has a textured surface to make it easier to grip and a slide closure on the lid to prevent spills - now that’s thoughtful. The Cabela’s Polar Cap Tumblers available in 20 oz or 30 oz options are stainless steel, double-wall vacuum insulated cups that prolong the temperature of your drink, hot or cold, for extended periods of time. These cups come in black or tan and are only $14 to $19 based on what size you purchase.
- To the carnivore in your life, nothing says love like kitchen cutlery! Make quick work of filleting fish or tackle the cutting of any other protein on your table with the Bass Pro Shops XPS Lithium-Ion Battery-Powered Fillet Knife. This electric fillet knife is cordless and runs on a rechargeable battery. One charge can withstand up to 2 hours of continuous use. It comes with 6”, 8” and 10” blades that make slicing and filleting easy. In addition to a long list of cool features about this knife, its built in safety feature is important for maintaining performance. How? Power is cut off to the knife when it senses too heavy of a load and that feature is what prevents damage to the motor. Cool features and solid performance will cost you $99 right now at Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops.
Merry Christmas and a happy holiday season to all of you.
When you’re done opening gifts and eating, make some time to get outdoors!