Plus, Kentucky kicks off their season early giving hunters a longer season and the opportunity to get a whitetail in the velvet during early September. Steve Nessl is the Marketing Manager at Yamaha Motor Corporation and he knows first hand how great the state of Kentucky can be for whitetail hunters. He joins The Revolution this week to talk about his successful early season Kentucky whitetail hunt where he anchored a massive buck, still in the velvet, with 13 scorable points and lots of character.
He also highlights the role Yamaha RMAX side-by-sides played in getting him to and from his stand and getting his once in a lifetime buck out of the field. Yamaha recently released their new 2022 Wolverine RMAX 1000 Sport, a high-performing, extremely capable Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport, based off the best-in-class RMAX 1000 platform. Steve highlights some of the great features on this new unit like beadlock wheels, adjustable FOX 2.0 shocks, the new sport inspired color and graphics and more. The new blue color is a bridge that connects Yamaha's racing heritage, sporty appeal and performance with the versatility and function of the RMAX, he notes. This 2022 Wolverine RMAX 1000 Sport is fun to drive in a sporty way and makes users want to put that D-Mode into "Sport" and have a good time. There is a lot of on the fly adjustability available at the fingertips of drivers with the RMAX 1000 Sport. These features make it possible to dial in the kind of ride you are wanting to achieve based on the terrain you're traversing in the moment.
Listen in as Steve relives his successful early season Kentucky whitetail and highlights some of the great features of the new Yamaha 2022 Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport.
# # # # #
Find out more about the new Yamaha 2022 Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport:
"The Wolverine RMAX 1000 is redefining recreational off-roading by providing unmatched comfort, capability, and confidence-inspiring performance," said Steve Nessl, Yamaha's motorsports marketing manager. "This year, we're expanding the Wolverine line with a new RMAX2 1000 Sport variation with added user benefits, including another level of suspension adjustability for personalized handling and performance."
The new 2022 Wolverine RMAX2 1000 Sport brings a whole new level of performance to sport-minded drivers, featuring new adjustable FOX 2.0 shocks designed to deliver a quality damping feel at higher speeds, without sacrificing low-speed comfort. The new shocks include 24 clicks of high- and low-speed compression adjustment, dual springs, and a crossover coupling for adjustable pre-load, offering a sportier handling feel with increased high-speed bottoming resistance. The RMAX2 1000 Sport retains its best-in-class 13.8-inches of ground clearance, 14.2-inches of front, and 16.9-inches of rear suspension travel for ultimate capability in nearly any terrain.
In addition to the new sport-inspired color, graphics, and seat cover design, the RMAX2 1000 Sport dons a "square" tire setup (same size front and rear) with new 30-inch GBC Terra Master 10-ply rated radial tires for versatile riding options and rugged durability. Featuring a unique asymmetrical design with each side different than the other, the Terra Masters offer contrasting ride and handling characteristics, depending on the setup. "Side A," the stock setup, offers a larger void ratio with horizontal lugs for soft to intermediate terrain, increasing forward acceleration and enhanced braking. "Side B" offers a smaller void ratio with circumferential grooves for improved grip in the corners and a greater contact patch on intermediate to hard off-road surfaces.
Further Wolverine RMAX2 1000 enhancements include new 14-inch cast aluminum color-matched beadlock wheels on Sport and XT-R models – the first factory-installed beadlock wheels on a Wolverine – for a unique, durable, and functional design with aggressive styling. RMAX 1000 XT-R vehicles now have the factory-installed SSV audio system, with second-row speakers added to the RMAX4 1000 LE versions (R-Spec and Sport models are pre-wired for the Yamaha Genuine Accessory audio kit), and the RMAX4 1000 R-Spec now comes with a suntop.
Additional 2022 Wolverine RMAX 1000 Features:
- Ultra-reliable Ultramatic CVT transmission backed by an industry-exclusive Yamaha 10-Year Belt Warranty.
- Yamaha's rugged On-Command system with 2WD, 4WD limited slip, and 4WD full-differential lock.
- Yamaha-exclusive Speed Management System (pre-wired on all RMAX 1000, standard in RMAX2 1000 LE and all RMAX4 1000 models), seamlessly limits the vehicle's top speed to 25 mph by simply turning a removable key, making it ideal for work sites and other specialized operating conditions.
- Yamaha Adventure Pro dash-mounted and fully integrated on XT-R and LE models, yet lockable and removable for maximum exploration and adventure sharing (pre-wired on R-Spec and Sport models).
- Heavy-duty WARN VRX 4,500-pound winch factory-installed on XT-R and LE versions (prewiring and mounting points on R-Spec and Sport models).
- 3-way adjustable FOX QS3 (R-Spec and XT-R models) or iQS (LE models) shocks mounted to wide-arc A-arms for high-quality damping and maximum clearance.
- Yamaha's exclusive torque- and speed-sensitive Electric Power Steering (EPS), providing light-effort steering, balanced feedback, and precise steering character to further reduce vibration and driver fatigue.
- Comfort-focused automotive interior with industry-exclusive soft-touch points.
- Bright LED headlights, marker lights, taillights with class-exclusive reverse lights, and interior lighting, including backlit switches.
- 2,000-pound towing capacity via a standard 2-inch hitch receiver.
- 600-pound-rated bed capacity with an easy-to-operate automotive-style tailgate.
- Hydraulic piston-assist dump bed for optimal utility use on two-seat models.
- Simple-to-stow full-size rear seats on RMAX4 1000 vehicles allow versatility for expanded cargo or passenger capacity.
- 30-inch square tire setup on two-seat models and 29-inch staggered tire setup on 4-seat models, all set on 14-inch wheels, minimizing pinch-flats and maximizing off-road capability and durability.