- Fit: Your holster should fit the specific model or frame type of firearm you have. Trying to force a large frame gun into a small holster or letting a smaller gun loosely sit in a larger holster doesn’t work. Your holster should fit your firearm like a glove protecting it and holding it securely in place.
The proper fit also better enables the user to get a solid grip easily, without fumbling around an ill-fitting holster, which provides quicker and easier access when you need it the most.
- Trigger Coverage: Make sure the trigger itself is completely covered, Eric says. This alleviates the possibility of negligent or accidental discharges that could hurt you or others around you.
- Lifestyle: Eric says that having a holster that fits your lifestyle is important. What you wear, the things you do, the places you go - those factors change day to day. You may have both an everyday holster as well as a situational holster to accommodate your lifestyle. Sticky Holsters can be both Eric says.
Sticky Holsters are great for everyday carry because of the comfort they afford people with a soft outer surface instead of a rigid covering that can be uncomfortable in the waistband. They also offer a level of convenience and ease based on their no clip, no loop design - a Sticky Holster can be quickly and securely tucked away IWB - no belt necessary. And because there are no clips or loops and they have an ambidextrous compression based design, the user can carry it in a variety of different positions without having to purchase separate holsters that are dedicated to one position only.
Because of its unique design and the material used to create the friction/compression that holds the holster and firearm securely to the body, users can carry regardless of the kind of pants they are wearing. Whether it’s a suit, skirt, jeans, sweatpants or gym shorts, Sticky Holsters allow people to carry 24/7/365 in virtually any situation, and thus fill that need for a situational holster. Eric says this even extends to nighttime use. Most people don’t wear a belt to bed, so if you hear something in the night and want to get up to investigate you don’t need to fully dress - you can quickly put your gun and holster right in the waistband of your pajama pants and get moving.
- Carry Position: Eric says that many new concealed carry holders go into it thinking they want to carry in a certain position so they save up and purchase a gun and dedicated holster. Without any experience though, it’s often the case that they soon realize the particular position they wanted to carry isn’t panning out the way they thought for whatever reason. At that point they are then forced to go buy another holster for a different carry position, all of which can add up quickly.
What is really beneficial about Sticky Holsters for new concealed carry holders, Eric says, is that you can experiment carrying in a variety of different positions - all with the same holster. Carry appendix, strong side, small of back or cross draw - it doesn’t matter the position. Sticky Holsters allow new carriers to affordably and effectively find their preferred carry position(s) with just one holster instead of multiple holsters.
- Concealability: Unfortunately for beginning carry folks, often they stick out like a sore thumb. It may be the fidgeting with their firearm that gives them away or printing, the obvious outline/bulge of the firearm under their clothing that is poorly concealed. IWB holsters are the most easily concealable holsters and because of the way Sticky Holsters fit so close to the body and have a soft frame it makes them much easier to conceal under almost anything you wear.
Showing their support for new concealed carry holders, Eric says that Sticky Holsters launched a new initiative, a special incentive, that extends a discount to those new concealed carry permit holders. All that is required to get this discount is to email a photo of your training certificate or a photo of your permit that has a 2019 issue date and Sticky Holsters will send a coupon code that can be used on any Sticky Holsters products and/or accessories.
Finally, Eric highlights a new product that hunters will be excited to see just in time for fall hunting seasons. The Sticky Range Finder is a rangefinder pouch that can hold and mount a rangefinder on a pole, shooting sticks, tree stand, side-by-side, atv or other support. The Sticky Range Finder keeps your rangefinder in an easily accessible position, but also secures it so it won’t fall out. Most hunters today don’t go afield without a rangefinder and this provides a place, other than around the neck or in the pocket, to keep your rangefinder.
Listen in as Eric Rice, Operations and Sales Manager for Sticky Holsters, stops in to highlight the things your concealed carry holster should do for you, plus find out about their new Sticky Range Finder. Be sure to check them out online and on social media to see just how versatile their holsters are.