At first glance it might seem like just any old barrel, however, there is more than meets the eye with this simple yet effective vertical barrel cooker. Listen in as Jim, Trav and Mrs. Bunny discuss features that would make the Pit Barrel Cooker worthy of a spot on your back porch, like:
- Porcelain enamel coating on durable 30-gallon steel drum
- Grill or smoke anything from brisket to veggies
- Unmatched capacity allows for more than double that of regular horizontal cookers.
- Large 3,500 cu. in. capacity comfortably allows for hanging 8 racks of ribs, 2-3 Pork Butts/Shoulders or Briskets, 2 turkeys, or multiple other combinations of meat and vegetables.
- Included coal basket is sized for the ideal amount of charcoal for the perfect cook.
- Adjust the simple-to-use vent based on your elevation.
- Unique design for simple operation, producing consistently impressive results with minimal hassle.
- Smoking chips may be used, but are not required (nor necessary).
- Portable and versatile: cookers are made to be lightweight and compact to fit in most vans, SUVs, and truck beds.
- Caters to simplistic, "set-it-and-forget-it" cooking.
- Choose between standard grilling/searing or rotisserie-like results by hanging the meat vertically, putting it right in the center of the heat.